''I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls--walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground--there is a possibility that in some way or another I may escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I'd die first! Karl G. Maeser


This quote means that once somebody gives you their word then they should be loyal and always keep that promise no matter what the circumstances are. Karl G. Maeser is saying that if he were to be stuck in jail he would try to escape. But if he gives you his word that he won't leave then he'll live by his word and stay in jail forever. In my opinion if someone is loyal enough to keep their promise then they should be respected because it's not always easy. If you trust someone and they disappoint you then that can really hurt you because you lost trust in someone you love



Image result for karl g maeser






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog